PU TECHNOLOGY MADE IN FRANCE
Building a board in PU/PE means using a Polyurethane foam blank and glassing it with polyester resin. This is how the majority of today’s surfboards are built. It is not a new way to make a board, but the materials are very stable, strong, consistent, and easy to work with. PU foam is closed celled, meaning it won’t easily soak in water if you ding your board, and that also means that it doesn’t absorb too much resin when getting glassed, keeping your board light. Many surfers prefer the feel of PU/PE boards because that is what they have ridden all their lives, and because they feel really good.
We manufacture the Polyester technology in our facility in Hossegor, 4 kilometers from the world class beach breaks of La Graviere, Les Estagnots and La Piste, where the Quiksilver Pro France is held every season.
- We use Burford Blanks, Double Lapped 4x4x4 Hexcel glass. Silmar polyester resin and Carbon/Kevlar reinforced tail patches from Colan composites.
- The result is Light, tight and white high performance, reasonable priced boards that look beautiful and work great too.
EPS ECO BOARD
PS (Extruded Polystyrene, commonly called Styrofoam) is a very lightweight foam that we glass with Epoxy resin to create a light, responsive board that can help you get the most out of weaker, slower wave conditions. The foam itself is not as strong as traditional PU blanks, so we use a stronger Epoxy resin to make it strong enough to hold up, but still a bit lighter than PU/PE construction. The positives are mostly found in the weight, but many people also prefer the overall feeling of EPS over PU. The negatives are found in the cost (average is about $100 more per board) and also the weight and feel of the ride can be tricky to get used to at first. We recommend trying out a Daily Driver or Funformance type design in this construction, since those boards are used in average to below average conditions where EPS/Epoxy can add a lot of performance to your boards.
- We manufacture the EPS ECO board in a world class facility in Thailand. All our suppliers are audited by UL and are compliant with nowadays requirement such as modern slavery, child labour and health and safety standards.
- EPS ECO board plant one tree for one board.
SURFBOARD RIDING IN THE LAST DECADE HAS SEEN LEVELS OF PERFORMANCE RISE CONTINUOUSLY. THE SURFING YOUTH ARE TAKING BOARDS TO PLACES WE NEVER THOUGHT WERE POSSIBLE. THIS LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE IS OFTEN VERY CLOSELY LINKED TO THE EQUIPMENT USED FOR PARTICULAR CONDITIONS. HERE AT EUROGLASS WE ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF THIS HIGH PERFORMANCE EVOLUTION.
- WE WANTED TO PROVIDE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THE AVERAGE SURFER TO EXPERIENCE IT. LC6 IS A CARBON LAMINATED EPOXY TECHNOLOGY. THE IDEA WAS TO CREATE A FAST, LIGHT AND RESISTANT BOARD MIXING UP OUR CREATIVITY AND EXTENSIVE TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE. THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. GET READY TO JOIN THE REVOLUTION.